MASH needs you for our second annual homebrew festival.
Last year, the Marseilles Area Society for Homebrewers partnered with the Ottawa Illinois Visitor’s Center to put on the Morel MASH-UP Homebrew Festival, which is believed to be the first ever Illinois beer festival that featured only home brewed beer.
It was a huge success and this year we need your help to make it even better.
Last year we had nearly 1,000 people attend the homebrew festival. The crowd was almost shoulder-to-shoulder and was much larger than expected. And we only hope to grow it even more this year as we move into a bigger space.
That’s where you come in! The festival was a huge success last year because of homebrewers like you and we need your help again.
- WHAT: Morel MASH-UP Homebrew Festival
- WHERE: Ottawa, Illinois, approx. 90 miles southwest of Chicago off of Interstate 80. Near the Illinois and Fox rivers.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Clubs must be set up by 9 a.m. for the city’s welcome and to receive wristbands that allow you to try beer from other clubs. Judging for the competition begins at 9:15 a.m.
- WHO: More than 1,000 craft beer fans drinking your homebrews
- WHY: Because we all love homebrew and want to share our hobby
Please keep this page bookmarked, it will be updated as more information becomes available.
This is a great chance to get your beer in front of more than 1,000 festival goers. These people are craft beer enthusiasts who will give you honest feedback on your brews. Your club will also receive one free wristband for each keg of beer that is brought, that way you can try beer from the other homebrew clubs.
There will also be a trophy awarded to the best homebrew club as chosen by the crowd. Another award will be given to the best overall beer and a medal will be given for the best beer from each club, as voted by a panel of judges.
After the festival there will be an after party where club members can mingle and munch on food that will be provided. After the festival closes, we also hope to have a special get together at a local craft beer bar or brewpub. More details to come.
There is also a plan to have a pre-festival get together on Friday night. More details on that will be provided as they become available.
Ottawa is about 90 minutes southwest of Chicago near the Fox and Illinois rivers.
If your club is interested in pouring at the festival please respond to this email or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The festival has also been covered extensively in the media, including this preview of this year’s event and other coverage of last year’s, like:
- OUR VIEW: MASH Up a tasty addition to Morel Fest
- Home brewed beer and Morel Fest a ‘natural fit’
- Morel Fest: Hunt morels and find your perfect home brew
- Brewing up a legacy
- May Morel Fest to add home-brewed beer tasting
- Brew buddies: The Marseilles Area Society for Homebrewers has a barrel of fun